Friday, April 27, 2007

3 weeks and counting

This week was harder to not buy. MUCH HARDER. I have been itchy, almost to the point of panicky, since my last post. Been to Target again - but only bought People and a Lean Cuisine lunch to nuke back at the office. Been online shopping - BAD - but haven't bought anything. Making a list of stuff for Purchase Day. Still actually quite short. Funny how much stuff you think you need that you don't need.

What I've bought that I shouldn't have:
Meimei outfit from Carter's (I decided the $4 jammies for Kitten were necessary, as getting a good deal on next year's jammies that will certainly be used can't be all bad. But the outfit was pure waste.)
Gardening magazine
Garden tool from L.L. Bean

I ordered the tool almost as soon as I saw it. I would have bought it anyway and I bought it with a gift card, and I thought I couldn't wait because of shipping, but it could have waited until May 6. I would have had it before I needed it.

We are having guests next week at work and I don't have fat clothes appropriate for guests. So I might have to purchase a pair of khaki capris or something this weekend. I only have jeans. But we'll see. I might be able to make another pair of pants work.

On the purchase list for May 6:
canvas bags for grocery shopping - I'm trying to take small steps into going green
a trellis for the front of the house

and that's it. There's a Pampered Chef catalog going around at work and I wrote some things down today, and I might get the barbecue tongs if I can't find a good pair because Pants burned himself several times last summer. But I think the list will get quite whittled down prior to May 6. Our incentive? All money left at the end of the payweek goes into our new Orange savings account for the house! Yay!

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

What kind of tool is this LL Bean thing? What does it do? You have held up really really well, you should be proud of all the things you haven't bought! It's a great idea to do something with the money left, so that it really is saved. I bet you'd write a much better book about this than the snooty new-yorker.