Thursday, August 17, 2006

Current Dilation Status - 3

Yep, we've moved to a Level 3 (and that was a firm 3, not an "oh, about 3"), and yet another vigorous exam (I was warned this time, thanks). Doc said if it would work, it would be within 48 hours. Oh, and the good news was he's estimating 7.5 lbs, which is about my guess. I never thought about it, but because I am so short-waisted, I stick out much farther and it's a bit misleading.

If none of this works, I get to go in on Tuesday, 2 whole days early, to discuss induction. Now keep in mind, we're discussing it, not actually doing it. That I know of. I think they schedule those things, not just send me over to the hospital in the middle of the afternoon because I'm on the edge. So it probably wouldn't actually be on Tuesday.

Last night, I actually started to get that feeling that I would always be this pregnant and uncomfortable. I know logically that can't be true, that if this keeps going they're going to help me out and eventually will just take the kid. But I actually started to feel this was permanent. I never had that happen with Kitten and didn't know what other women were talking about when they said that. So now I know. The insanity starts creeping in at about 39 weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Within 48 hours and 7.5 lbs both sound like good things. Is it too late to add a vote for Calleigh?

Syl said...

She's not even born yet, so no, not too late. Not sure Pants is keen on it, but it's my favorite.

Allknowingjen said...

I still like Lauren. But I really came here to say that I think we need a pic of that belly of yours. ;) You know, for posterity and all...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yup, belly shot. Belly shot!

(Ok, when I say it like that, it sounds like I'm a frat boy egging somebody on to consume some strange drink in some strange way. Hmmm... delete if too weird even for us, 'k?)

Syl said...

Oh no. Saved for posterity.

And we'll see about the belly shot. You looking for skin? It's pretty tracked-up, I'll warn you.