Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Primordial Ooze

Kitten has pink eye. It's pretty icky, eyballs oozing, swelling, gross.

So Kitten will be home tomorrow from daycare (contagious for 24 hours after the first dose of antibiotics) and Pants is pretty bummed.

Let me explain: it's not that he resents Kitten's being sick. It's that he has a plane ticket to Chicago in the morning and a ticket to Tom Waits tomorrow night. This was scheduled weeks ago, before all the drama with Meimei and before we knew how miserable I would be at this point, and certainly before Kitten's cold took hold and moved into her eyeballs.

So although Pants knew it was touch and go based on contractions, this was not the end to his trip that either of us foresaw. It was basically a go for him until this evening when Kittens' eyes swelled up like she had been punched. Now with Kitten staying home tomorrow, I can't keep up with her so Pants has to stay home too. So plane ticket is wasted, Tom Waits ticket is currently unused.

And Pants is out in the garage moping.

2 comments:

Kashka said...

That all just sucks. And, sorry to hear about your Grandma -- anything set as yet?

Syl said...

Services on Friday. My appt is on Thursday, so I'll see if I can go. My parents will be in Thursday.