Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hello, I'm huge

Woke up last night at 2:30 thinking it was finally time, very painful contractions, but they didn't seem quite right. They were kinda more on one side than the other and I didn't get much of a break in between. So I moved to the couch and watched Pretty in Pink on HBO, then some other show on Discovery Health Channel that I had actually seen before on Stone Babies (don't ask) and finally fell back to sleep about 5. The contractions calmed down quite a bit on the couch, so maybe just a position issue.

I brought Kitten to daycare this morning, returned home, and fell asleep on the couch. For 5 hours. So I guess I won't get much done today. But my sleep has been so screwed up, so I guess I needed it.

Oh, and my grandma died today. She had Alzheimer's, so it's more like we lost her a long time ago, and Mom has been telling me for days we expect her to go, so this isn't unexpected or unwelcome. Services are on Friday.

And now I have to go report myself out on Disability. I am now, today, considered disabled. I feel disabled, I guess, so what the hell.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your grandmother. I know your plate's awfully full right now, but give yourself time and permission to grieve, too, okay? Know there are a lot of us out here who are thinking of you.