Friday, August 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

Have you noticed I do a lot of these lately? That's because I can't hold a train of thought for more than 46.3 seconds.

Kitten climbed all the way up MIL's basement stairs this evening. Don't worry, we're not that awful of parents: Pants stood behind her the entire way up. But he did let her do it herself.

I have been nauseous all day today. It's like having morning sickness. AGAIN. Fantastic. I'm hoping this is a precursor to labor.

Pants lost the wireless mouse for the laptop, so I have to use that stupid little finger pad. Argh.

I'm exhausted. And not wearing pants. But of course, I have a really hard time sleeping now, wherever I am.

I am a recent convert to Dog The Bounty Hunter. I never watched it before this week, but now I'm hooked. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

I think this kid is just really meant to be a Virgo and she's holding out for the cutoff date.

Check out Dooce's hate mail from today. Can you believe those people? How can anyone berate her for discussing her own cancer like it's a bad thing (for shame!). [In annoying, chearleader voice] I mean, how dare she be concerned about her own cancer when other people have cancer too? God, what a bitch. [Ok, chearleader voice is too annoying, even in my own head, and stops here] Um, people, cancer isn't a competition, and you don't have to be the worst afflicted to be worthy of sympathy. Get over yourself and stop belittling other people's issues like you are the only one allowed to suffer.

I don't doodle. My notes are clean, just writing on a page in long hand. Full complete sentences, usually. No flowers in the margins, no stars, dogs, or cute little bunnies. I just don't doodle. Every once in a blue moon, if a meeting or conference call is really boring, I will color in some of the letters on the handout. Does that make me weird?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it makes you weird. I don't doodle either. But full sentences aren't ususally part of my notes. I don't have time. Not to write it down, and not to read it later.

Jaysan said...

You should see some of my "notes" from college. All doodles no words. Maybe that is why I still don't have a degree...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

My thoughts are usually going too fast for full sentences too. Then my doodles tend to be picture clues - I'll jot a quick book by recommended reading, a note by words to a song (yup - early elementary - you sometimes talk about songs in meetings/conferences), etc. When I'm bored... yeah, then lots of doodles, and grocery lists, and to-do lists.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh yeah, I still think Calleigh goes well with Kitten's name; I've considered Lauren myself, so obviously like it; I taught a Kirsten who was just sweet! She had a sister Corinne - also a nice name.

Not as keen on the last two. Brooke just makes me think of the maiden name of a friend of ours, so I'd have to readjust every time I heard the name. As a former eled teacher, I have to say that Amelia will always and forever make me think of the silly maid who takes things literally and "draws" the curtains... Amelia Bedelia. Sorry.

Good luck with the names and I'm noticing that it's Sunday early afternoon & you haven't written since Friday... hmmm...

Allknowingjen said...

I noticed the quietness around here too... hmmm... nothing like being the watched pot eh?

I always doodle, hearts, stars, flowers, boxes, lines, arrows, words, etc. I do a lot of drawing a shape and then shading it in to varying degrees - especially if I am using a pencil. I wonder what that means. I also never take notes in complete sentences. Did you ever read any of Nancy G's notes? That girl wrote the neatest most complete notes I've ever seen.

I really like Kirsten. It's pretty familiar here in norwegian land, but if she ever lives in another state, it will be more unique.

Kashka said...

Yeah, where the hell are you?

Someone once leaned over to me as I was "taking notes", which happened to be a doodle of a fully interlocking jigsaw puzzle and said, "How many bodies do you have in your crawlspace?"