Saturday, August 12, 2006

Random Thoughts

Department of Homeland Dilation Alert System - Current state of dilation is somewhere between 2 and 3.


So, we stopped giving Kitten the eyedrops because SOMEONE was sure she wasn't sick and she developed more eye goo. So we're back on the eyedrops, but 2 days behind.

Kashka came and spent the day with me, despite her accidental poisoning at El Toro. Yay Animaniacs! Saw several episodes that I hadn't seen before, but I think later ones get better. Mime Time, Randy Beaman's friend, etc., had yet to make an appearance.

Parents came this evening, went to dinner with Kitten and us (Kitten ate an entire half of a grilled cheese, plus about a third of Pant's Cream of Broccoli soup). They are back off tomorrow morning, bright and early.

MIL and SIL are coming tomorrow to continue with the wallpaper removal in Kitten's room. And I think BIL and family might come tomorrow, now that Kitten is, again, no longer contagious. Don't worry Kashka, it's mostly a kid thing, adults usually don't get it.

Oddly, we're having one of the busiest weekends we've had in a long time. And now the internet is working again (apparently just had to turn off the modem and turn it back on.)

It occurred to me on Friday morning in my grandfather's bathroom preparing for the funeral services that we don't have a full length mirror in this house. Not even one that shows anything below chest level. And the reason this occurred to me is that I actually caught a glimpse of my still-expanding personage in the bathroom mirror. And now I know why the nurse said something about me "popping" since my last visit.

And now for the common sense/birth canal discussion portion of tonight's blog; I believe it's really only appropriate that, if you are going to provide an exam meant to send someone into labor, it's only right to warn that person first before they are arched three feet in the air. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Jaysan said...

Just saw the list of today's names and I have to vote against Fallon. Don't get me wrong, I like the name itself, but just thinking of poor Deuce. Imagine the fall jokes in grade school, and then the bad pick up lines coming later....

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh...good point, Jaysay. Yup - Fallon A. Rock. Fallon A. Tack. Fallon A. Whatever. Also, later, there'd be the risk for Fallon the Felon.