Thursday, August 03, 2006

Home for good

Had my appointment today, and I'm still in the same place. 2 centimeters. So all of the pain, discomfort, "annoying" contractions, all for nothing. They got me nowhere. And now I understand that the contractions I had last time were pretty mild, pretty weak, and they only kept me there because my water had broken. Slightly. And had resealed itself, but apparently they don't care about that. So, more to look forward to.

The only good part is that I got written out of work for the remainder of this hell. And really only because I can't sit upright in a chair anymore for more than 10 or 20 minutes. Not because I am miserable, can't stop crying, am sick to my stomach most of the time, have horrific back pain, can barely walk, have horribly sore hips, and am still having contractions at least every 10 minutes.

So I'm here now for good. Kitten will still go to daycare, I can barely keep up with her for the 2-3 hours she is home at night before bed. This would be the perfect time to catch up on my scrapbooking if all that stuff wasn't still packed. The baby's room is done except for hanging the balloon lamp and the other thingy, which I probably shouldn't do. I might be able to unpack a box or two in our room, maybe put away some stuff in the office. I can at least file our mortgage and closing paperwork, I would think.

Maybe I will make Meimei's announcements instead of just bringing her into Penney's and having them done. I guess this would be the time to do it. I don't know what else I'll do.

2 comments:

Kashka said...

Hang in there. But, I am worried because you almost make it sound as if you don't have loads of television to watch. You do have television, don't you?

Syl said...

Ah yes, but sadly, we are still in summer reruns. It's a painful statement on my life, but even when I turn on Dr. Phil and Oprah, I find I have seen them before.